Thu, 30 July 2009
Direct download links and full list coming soon, as well as an enhanced podcast version, probably an .m4a file with images where available.
...16. Bicicleteiros #57: Ocean City!.
17. Bicicleteiros #50: Bicicleteiros' 50th Episode!
18. Panic Living #70: Slash!.
19. By All Memes #2: What Do You Meme? (with Brian Ruckle).
20. Catching Up With Patrick #5.
21. NFTOS Top 20 of 2009.
22. Panic Living #65: I'm OFF!
23. Panic Living #64: ¡Viva La Tertulia!
24. Rowdy Ray's Report #1 (with Ray Dunlap).
25. Panic Living #71: Bicicleteiro.
26. Quest: Verano Sin Fin (music).
27. Panic Living #66: No! No! No! No!
28. Bicicleteiros #63: Tour de France Stage 13.
29. By All Memes #1 (with Brian Ruckle).
30. Bicicleteiros #58: Ain't Goin' Out (Giro d'Italia wrap-up).
31. Noticias desde el otro lado - parte 3 (con Andresito).
32. Bicicleteiros #59: TdF Preview.
33. Bicicleteiros #60: TdF Stage 5.
34. Panic Living #74: High Tension Please!
35. Quest: Cinema (music).
36. Bicicleteiros #56: Spring Classics Wrap-up.
37. Bicicleteiros #64: TdF Stage 18 (Time trial).
38. Bicicleteiros #62: TdF Stage 12.
39. Panic Living #73: Wear the Pants in Family.
40. Bicicleteiros #61: TdF Stage 4.
Image by Stone River.
Posted by Rob.
Tags: NFTOS, Bicicleteiros on Twitter, Top 40, countdown, podcast, audio, video, music, .mp3, .m4a, .m4v
Tue, 14 April 2009
Here is our Top 20 so far this year. For most of the rest of the past countdowns (some of which are scattered among various podcast categories), please check in the folder labeled "what is NFTOS?"
1. Time to Shine in 2009! with Lizze.
2. Bicicleteiros #48: Tour Down Under preview with Hans.
3. Bicicleteiros #51: Boa Idéia! with Hans.
4. Momiji vs El Gringo: My Ex-Girlfriend Walks In (song).
5. Of Gadgets and Nanpa with Lizzie.
6. Bicicleteiros #49: Virtual Winner! with Hans.
7. Bicicleteiros #51.2: Ouija Board, Ouija Board with Hans.
8. Bicicleteiros #50: #50!
9. Rugby in Japan with Ben.
10. Bicicleteiros #54: Ticket to Ride! with Hans.
11. Catching up with Patrick.
12. Bicicleteiros #53: The Clap! with Hans.
13. Panic Living #65: I'm OFF!
14. Rob Interviews Haqq in Sancha.
15. Bicicleteiros #55: Stayin' Alive!
16. Panic Living #67: Snack Forever!
17. Panic Living #66: No! No! No! No!
18. Tokyo Panic Living #64: ¡Viva la Tertulia!.
19. Noticias desde el otro lado con Andrés.
20. Panic Living #68: Sugi to Sakura (杉と桜).
The podcast track was re-uploaded (something was wrong with the file the first time around) and it was uploaded without intro-outro music because of trouble with my 'GarageBand' editing application. Sorry!
Photo: Totally random.
Posted by Rob.
Tags: NFTOS, Top 20, podcast, audio, video, .mp3, .m4a, .m4v
Sun, 2 December 2007
This video was made available as a podcast back in February 2006. Not sure the exact date it was filmed anymore, but we uploaded it on the 6th. Here's the original blog post.
Flo-Union, is a monthly event that takes place at The Pink Cow in Shibuya.
This event has seen several venues, organizers, and has taken on several incarnations over the years.
It is now organized by David Roy who, among other things, does an event called QuickFlickWorld, VJs for various events, does live paintings and digital animation work for Japanese anime.
Back when I still lived in Osaka, I asked Alex and Makiko to check out the Cow on the advice of Guido Saldana, for a NFTOS art show. Filmed and edited by Alex, it features Makiko David and artist Tomoko Ichimura.
Posted by Rob.
Tags: NFTOS, Flo-Union, The Pink Cow, Cream Latte, QuickFlickWorld, David Roy, Tomoko Ichimura, Alex Brooke, Makikomo, art, music, poetry, live painting, DJ, VJ, event, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan, 渋谷, ?京, 日本
Category:what is NFTOS? -- posted at: 4:14 AM
Thu, 30 August 2007
Alex and I just made a promo video featuring music by DJ Wes!!
Posted by Rob.
Tags: DJ Wes, Alex Brooke, LearnJapanesePod.com, makikomo soap, Tokyo, Kagurazaka, Japan
Sun, 22 July 2007
Here's an update of our most downloaded files and a snapshot of the next 40 files on NFTOS, #s 120 to 160.
120. Charles Billard: ALT Rap Answers the Questions. 121. Panic Living #6: Earthquake!. 122. Panic Living #2: Business as Usual. 123. Picnic video. 124. Talk Show #15: Deepresso. 125. Bicicleteiros #3: 23 Minutes in Brussels with Hans & Rob. 126. Panic Living #7: National Rain Appreciation Day. 127. Panic Living #9: Our first TOP 100! (from #100-57). 128. Talk Show #13: Alex, Makiko, Patrick Widdess and Rob in Kagurazaka. 129. Rule No. 1: Don't Talk About Bike Club (that's BikeClubOsaka.com ) with Erik. 130. Talk Show #14: Summer [was] Almost Over with Alex & Rob. 131. Priceless Talk #1: Appalachian Adventure with Hans & Rob. 132. Anonymous: Indian Technician remix. 133. DJ Bobo (a.k.a. Renew Audio): Shark Attack! 134. Rob creates the Groove Harvest poster. 135. Panic Living #4: Ray Dunlap calls. 136. Alex & Rob: Talk Show #20. 137. David Roy as Pastor Ted. 138. Makiko's Nature video. 139. Jerry Gordon: Playing with the Arrow 3. 140. Alex, Jonny Heartbreaker and Patrick Widdess: 3 Men and a Couch. 141. The QuickFlickWorld Tokyo Crew: Nakameguro to the World Pt 1 recorded at Cafe Combine. 142. Makiko & Rob: What are you making? 143. Panic Living #21: Allergies. 144. Priceless Talk #11: ...and then there were four. 145. Charles Billard: Triple Decker. 146. Beb's Trash Talk (in Japanese). 147. Priceless Talk #9: Solo en el Suelo (until joined by Hans and Waka). 148. Bicicleteiros #1: Let's Roll!. 149. Prapatang Kitchen #4. 150. Panic Living #22: Breath of Life. 151. Me and TripleB #1. 152. News From The Tub with Rob (not available). 153. What is Nama? 154. Panic Living #18: "Nama." 155. Nama Artshow Info for 4/1. 156. Leftover Turkey (Thanksgiving in Shibuya) video. 157. Alex Brooke: Crap Hotel in Nagoya. 158. Scrambled Eggnog video. 159. Panic Living #17: Peace from the Other Side. 160. Panic Living #14: Latebreaking News! (...at that time). 161. Alex's DJ Sayonara @ Cafe Absinthe.
(more links coming soon!)
And here are links the previous 1-121 countdowns: 94-121, 81-93, 41-80, the TOP 40).
Photo: Found Alex online, lookin' all buff and tan. Posted by Rob.
Sat, 14 July 2007
While I was on vacation, Libsyn updated their service, so I couldn't edit any previous blogs with their links intact. Now it's working fine again. It was probably just a PC/mac thing, but it did get me to start backing up whatever I post on the blog on a clipboard as well. So that's why I ended up with some of the links on this post and the rest of the links, 94-121, elsewhere. What a pain in the ass! Thanks for fixing it, Libsyn.com!
81. Alex Brooke: Prapatang Grooves. 82. Charles Billard & Kurochi Sound System: The Voist. 83. Talk Show #4: The Summit. 84. Smouldering Door: Dancing Charcoal Pixies. 85. Anonymous: Indian Technician voice sample. 86. Linguistic massacre: Excusez-moi. 87. Alex and Greg Diss Grunge. 88. Panic Living #11 Tippy Top of 100. 89. Alex recites Orange Princess. 90. DJs Wes & Akio @ Cafe Barbes. 91. Prapatang Kitchen #1 with Alex. 92. Temakizushi Party at David Roy's. 93. Voice of Flying Koala. 94. Sayonara from Alex and Waka(yama). 95. Priceless Talk #8 with Andrew in Auckland. 96. Panic Living #13: Unlucky?. 97. Tsuchifumazu art show. 98. Limelight Circus LIVE @ L'Institut Franco-Japonais. 99. Hans with Horns on Cinco de Mayo. 100. Talk Show #17: Channeling The Departed Spirit of Alex. 101. ALT Rap (DJ Kung-fu Grip remix). 102. Neil & Brazil. 103. Panic Living #5: Don't Cry Over Spilt Coffee. 104. Birthday Greeting from Hans. 105. Charles Billard & Co.: G.I. Joe. 106. Talk Show #9: World Peace Squared. 107. Meet the I. 108. Jerry Gordon: La Stish. 109. Rob: Ichijiku Chant. 110. Bashiri do Cavaco: Smoke on the Water. 111. Cycling in Osaka. 112. Patrick in Tokyo 25-Nov-2006. 113. Alex: Prapatang Kitchen 2 video. 114. Jerry Gordon: ALT (Anarchy Larynx Tatoo). 115. Panic Living #12: Indian Summer. 116. Panic Living #6: Earthquake!. 117. Charles Billard: Pajammin' Party. 118. Hans Discusses Sweden vs Germany and Dragonflies. 119. Quest: That Ass Is Your Meal Ticket. 120. Panic Living #8: National Couch Appreciation Day. 121. Hans Birdwatching in Colorado.
(see the rest of the links: 94-121, 41-80, the TOP 40). Posted by Rob. .
Category:what is NFTOS? -- posted at: 10:16 PM
Wed, 6 June 2007
After the interest spawned by our recent TOP 40 countdown, I've decided to list the next 40 or so, although I don't have the space on our account for an audio recap right now.
The biggest surges were DJ Wes talking about Osaka events way back in February 2006 (up 20 places!), Will Spin's JR Song (19 places) and Alex's and my Talk Show #6 - Baka Gaijin (16 places). I had to listen to #6 again to see what all the fuss was about--was it just the catchy title, or was it Alex's song "Tales from Prapatang" which we slipped in at the end?
Three new files have snuck into the TOP 40 since our 25 May countdown, my Panic Living #3, Alex, B-chan and I at Cafe Amanto and Alex's prophetic Mexican Fiesta.
So here go the next 40 files as of 6 June. 41. Alex's One Man Ramble from Nakatsu. 42. Alex: Prapatang Grooves. 43. Alex's room cleaning video: 24 Hours in Nakatsu. 44. Learn English. 45. Talk Show #8: The Governor of California. 46. Talk Show #2: World Cup. 47. Tin's Hall video. 48. Jonny Heartbreaker: Baby. 49. What's Your Favorite Word in Japanese?. 50. MFTOS #4. 51. Sayonara from Osaka. 52. J-League soccer: Kawasaki Frontale vs Cerezo Osaka. 53. Postcard from China #1. 54. Panic Living #9, or a countdown within the countdown: #56-#17 of 100 as of 26-Sept-2006. 55. Loop Line #3. 56. Deus Ex Machina: Domination. 57. About another podcast: Broken English. 58. "I've got the sea..." - Alex. 59. Postcard from Fiji. 60. Excuse me, Sir. 61. What Are You Making? #2 - with Makiko. 62. World Cup Reality Check. 63. Cafe Barbes. 64. Panorama. 65. Talk Show #5. 66. Haqq in Tokyo - Interview. 67. Prologue - Intro to NFTOS. 68. I Like Meat - Kansai-no-kai video. 69. Jikoshoukai - Makiko introduces herself in Nihongo. 70. Talk Show #9: World Peace Squared. 71. Alex Fakes It. 72. Dancing Charcoal Pixies - Smouldering Door. 73. Kurochi Sound System (feat. Charles Billard). 74. Talk Show #16 - Couch Therapy. 75. Postcard from Tokyo (by request only). 76. Mundo Popular 2 @ L'Institut - video. 77. DJ Wes & DJ Paccage chatting at Cafe Barbes. 78. Alex & Greg (a.k.a. Jonny Heartbreaker) take cheap shots at the Days of Grunge. 79. Panic Living #11 - Top 20 of our first 100 files as of 26-Sept-2006. 80. Indian Technician sample - anonymous. What's coming up next time? Stuff like #81. News From The Tub #2 with Alex...
Posted by Rob.
Category:what is NFTOS? -- posted at: 1:41 PM
Fri, 13 April 2007
We haven't done that many videos yet this year, but we've come up with a new formula which seems to be quite popular, and that is the music program, "Music From the Other Side," which features mostly tunes by our friends.
What do I do when I wake up in the middle of the night and I can't get back to sleep? I get curious about our libsyn stats and try to figure out what people are downloading and why?! A complete nerdquest, I know, but I've also noticed that dragging stuff up every once in awhile helps regenerate interest in older files that, for whatever reason (usually timing in relation to other files), have been overlooked.
Here are our top 2007 files as of April 14th, which I will rank in ascending order as I get around to it, with the exception of the top 3 podcasts, which are all unsurprisingly music programs (this also helps out the files that are lagging behind). We don't really have any big numbers yet this year. With this year's files only, we are averaging 67 downloads per podcast (26 podcatchers, 41 web downloads). Yesterday we had 107 total impressions, last week we had 307 and last month we had 3,624. We're at a total of 30,369 since starting NFTOS, which is nothing compared with what our senpai site Learn Japanese has been getting.
1. MFTOS #2 with 228 unique impressions. 2. MFTOS #3 with 194. 3. MFTOS #4 with 152. 4. Kicking the Dane's Head. 5. Crap Hotel in Nagoya - Alex Brooke. 6. I Saw the Moon Again from my Hospital Room. 7. Me & TripleB #2. 8. Panic Living #18. 9. Prapatang Kitchen #4. 10. Panic Living #19. 11. On The Couch with Alex, Johnny Heartbreaker & Patrick in Nakatsu. 12. Triple Decker - Charles Billard. 13. Bicicleteiros #1. 14. Panic #17. 15. Crap! with Alex. 16. Talk Show #20. 17. Talk Show #21. 18. Panic Living #16. 19. Jonny Heartbreaker on the Couch in Kagurazaka (12-Feb-07). 20. Panic Living #21 - enhanced podcast. 21. Bicicleteiros #3. 22. Nama Art Show Info (31-Jan-07). 23. Panic Living #20. 24. What is Nama? (7-Mar-07). 25. Nama Art Show Info (22-Mar-07). 26. Gonbe & Sláinte! with the Flying Koala, Hyun-Ju & Jonny Heartbreaker. 27. Humble Pie - Alex in Nagoya. 28. Rattlesnake Baby - Hans stuck in traffic. 29. Panic Living #22 enhanced podcast. 30. Priceless Talk #12 with Hans, Brian & Rob. 31. Bicicleteiros #4 with Hans & Rob. 32. Panic Living #23: To Have and Have Not. 33. Priceless Talk #13 with Hans & Rob. 34. Wine Red no Kokoro a.k.a. "Jerry's Funk" - Jerry, Sae & Alex. (re-uploaded)
Posted by Rob.
Category:what is NFTOS? -- posted at: 8:57 PM
Thu, 30 November 2006
40 contributions to NFTOS from people other than Alex or myself. 1. Quest: Shinbashi Station. 2. Quest: ALT Re-Rap. 3. Charles Billard & Alex Brooke: Nakatsu Music Project* (okay, so Alex is on this one). 4. Danyk, Ivan: Tin's Hall video (yes, the first half was by Alex). 5. Charles: Icitte les Oeufs video. 6. Quest: Nebra-ska. 7. Charles: Postcard from China #1. 8. Quest: All The Little Things. 9. The Trenchparrots: Irrepressible Urges of Spring ("Who are these guys really?" It has been asked). 10. The Smouldering Door (Charles Billard and Jerry Gordon): Wroclaw Panache. 11. Will Spin: JR (Japan Rail) Song. 12. DJ Kung-fu Grip: ALT Rap (DJ Kung-fu Grip Mix). 13. Charles: Postcard from China #2. 14. Okha: Message from the Flying Koala. 15. Bashiri do Cavaco: Cavaquinho debut!. 16. The Trenchparrots: My Ex-Girlfriend Walks In. 17. Anonymous Indian technician voice sample (Why does the original sample have more downloads than the remix?). 18. The Trenchparrots: Nuthin' to Say. 19. Jonny Heartbreaker: Baby* (this one contains a bit of Alex, just as the first recording had Rob on backing vocals) . 20. Hans: Birthday Greeting. 21. The Trenchparrots: Footprints. 22. Jerry Gordon: Playing with the Arrow 2. 23. Jet Jaguar: News. 24. Deus Ex Machina: Domination (remix). 25. Noisivelvet: Sharkattack!. 26. Hans: Germany vs Sweden and Dragonflies!. 27. Hans with horns: Cinco de Mayo. 28. Hans: In Search of Ptarmigan. 29. Charles: ALT Rap Answers the Questions. 30. Anonymous: Indian Tech Remix. 31. Smouldering Door/Takezo Tabo Aoki: G.I. Joe. 32. Jerry Gordon: Playing with the Arrow 3. 33. Smouldering Door / Plink Plonk Congress: Dancing Charcoal Pixies. 34. Jerry Gordon: ALT Anarchy Larynx Tatoo mix. 35. BEB: Trash Talk (in Japanese). 36. Kurochi Sound Art: The Voist (with Charles). 37. Charles Billard: Pajammin' Party* (this was posted in "events" along with upcoming info for Charles' next event "Inter-play"). 38. David Roy as Pastor Ted* (filmed & edited by Rob). 39. Jerry Gordon: La Stish. 40. Makikomo: Nature. Lots of new stuff we'll be releasing soon including new recordings by Charles, Quest & Jonny Heartbreaker! Photo by Alex. Posted by Rob.
Fri, 1 September 2006
I'm not sure why this video has gotten the most hits on Revver, but I have a couple ideas. First, I put it up during the World Cup and I think the title "La Terrazza" might also be the name of a group of Italian football supporters. Second, the DJ tag probably drew some attention. Anyway, at the moment it has over 400 views, which is not that many, but not that bad either. Although it's not my favorite video, I had fun filming it and editing it. To find the other NFTOS videos on Revver, just do a search for the NFTOS tag. Next I'll post our top video on YouTube which has quite a few more hits than this one. Hey Alex, what's the top Learn Japanese video on Revver? Posted by Rob.
Category:what is NFTOS? -- posted at: 12:22 PM